Tuesday, September 12, 2006

when girls were girly and boys were...boys.

So...while writing a paper that's due tomorrow, the thought occured to me-what better time to post than now?!

Earlier this week I was sitting back, relaxing and eating dinner when I started flipping channels. I came across Back to the Future 2 and naturally I left it there. I started watching it...until it was over.

If I had my own little DeLorean, I think I'd go to the 1950's...when things seemed simple and sweet. When girls were girly and boys were...boys. Not to say I want to backtrack to where women had no rights or anything like that, but just for the sake of the simplicity of what life seemed to be like. Although, I'm sure life wasn't really all that simple or sweet. I'm going to act like it was for now because I've always loved that era...since I was a little girl. I loved the way they dressed, the way they fixed their hair, the idea of real malt shops, and sock hops. Or maybe it's the music that makes me intrigued with that era? I mean, The Everly Brothers, The Five Satins, The Shirelles, The Drifters, Dion and the Belmonts, and Maurice Williams and the Zodiacs...I love it all. I can't help it.

that's all.

4 comments:

work in progress said...

okay so i totally agree...but maybe instead of going back to those days we could give it a twist and maybe go more for the "from justin to kelly" vibe...i mean the boys are, well, boys and the girls are girly in that one right? there weren't malt shops, but hot dog stands and we all like a good hot dog right? think about it...oh, and i love you!

spencer hayward said...

luckily i didn't; i would have been so sad to come over and find out you weren't there.

Anonymous said...

i've been secretly working on a flux capacitor for years.

all i need is some plutonium to make it go. i'm down for breaking into the power plant in russellville anytime.

and we'll need to steal a delorean (or a train from the 1800's).

we wont get caught b/c when we hit 88 mph it's 1958 and we haven't even committed a crime yet!

thispresentsojourn said...

come to new york. you can listen to your favorite jazz and watch leaves fall with me in central park.